DO YOU HAVE FEW, IF ANY, EXPANSION OR FLUFF PACKS?
DO YOU LOVE THE SIMS AND NEED A GIFT?
MESSAGE ME AND TELL ME YOUR STORY.
I AM GIVING SOMETHING AWAY… SOMETHING BIG.
- Download the Sims 3 Package Editor (S3PE) here. Install it.
- Open up S3PE and you will get a little program that looks like this:
- Go to File > New
- Now go to Resource > Import > From .package
- Now go to the folder where your .package files are located (the ones you want to merge) and select them all, For example I am going to merge some toddler clothing found in Birdie & Buttons Dress Up Box (click the top file and shift click on the last one and this will select all the packages) And click open.
- A window like this will pop up:
Check that ‘Replace Duplicates’, ’ Compress’ & ‘Use resource name’ are selected (as show above) and click IMPORT.
- After clicking import, a window asking if you want to ‘Auto-Save after each package’ shows up. Click no.
- You will see a green bar at the bottom showing the packages being imported. Once it has finished, you will see a lot of letters and numbers etc. Don’t worry about this. Just go to File > Save as
- Now save the merged file somewhere you can find it (I usually save it to my desktop) and name it *for example* Toddler Merge 3 (or obviously whatever files you’re merging or even Merge 1 etc.)
- Now it may look as if it has crashed, and you may see ‘not responding’ at the top but DONT be alarmed.This is normal so just leave it alone until it has finished (depending on the number of files in the merge it may take up to 20 minutes but this shouldn’t happen if you keep each merge at around 200mb)
- Once it has finished merging, it will no longer say ‘not responding’ and instead be replaced by your merged file name (top left corner)
You merged your package files into one!
- Now backup the single package files that you merged (I usually save them to an external HDD) You will need these backups to later remove any bad cc/unwanted cc from a single merge.
- Delete them from your mods folder and replace them with your single merged package file.
VOILA! All those files are now compressed into one meaning that your game does not have to read so many package files at start thus easing loading times and lag!
For Simsocality ♥
Hope this helps lovely!
I HAVE TO REBLOG THIS HOMYGOD. LMFAO.
lmao i love this soo much
I have to reblog this again. I love it so much.
I will not stop reblogging this because this shit was both hilarious and true
comic about how I’ve been feeling recently
Oh look, it’s how I’ve felt for my entire life.
- Male &Female, Teen-Elder
- Original By: Cazy, Edited by Reis
- Custom Thumbnail
- Please check the original post for updated links before reporting a problem.
i’m a person who often wants physical affection but is also very uncomfortable and particular about physical contact